RSS Feed

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Who are you fooling?

I got to know about the imposter syndrome through this post. And the only reason the first lines hit me so much is because I think I fool everyone into believing that I’m much smarter than I am.
Maybe it’s a good thing that I don’t consider myself very good at my job – so I’m constantly trying to improve. But at the same time I may be getting into the cycle of looking for gigs that are below my potential. It gives me a secure feeling. I liked the line that meant a project is not worth taking if it does not scare you shitless – but being scared all the time is not a good feeling either.

I'm in a good place right now - mostly because I'm overlooking a lot of projects. So I don't get the time to fuss about these things and I oversee people who have lesser experience and logic.

But does that mean I'm not fooling anyone?

0 comments: